I am available on a limited basis to serve as a consultant on Communication for Social Change (CSC) or Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) projects. The services I provide are:
- Grant proposal assistance
- Project design guidance
- Project monitoring and evaluation
For information on my experience with these projects, please see my CV. With regard to monitoring and evaluation, I prefer to work on projects that offer the potential to add significantly to theory and evidence in the field. Clients typically grant me the right to publish my findings in academic and other outlets. Some examples of these publications include:
- Better safe than sorry: Examining trauma as an obstacle to empowerment and social change in a U.S. intimate partner violence intervention. Journal of Applied Communication Research. (In press)
- Small group discussion to promote reflection and social change: A case study of a Half the Sky intervention in India. Community Development Journal. Advance online publication. Repository PDF DOI
- Scholar-practitioner collaboration in media-related interventions: A case study of Radio La Benevolencija in Rwanda (2014). With M.E. Price. International Journal of Media & Cultural Politics. Repository PDF DOI
- Assessing Impact, Evaluating Adaptability: A Decade of Radio La Benevolencija in Rwanda, Burundi, and the DRC (2013). Report URL DOI
- Testing a Media Intervention in Kenya: Vioja Mahakamani, Dangerous Speech, and the Benesch Guidelines (2013). Report URL DOI
- Evaluating media and communication in development: Does evidence matter? (2012) With A. Arsenault, I. Gagliardone, K. Winneg & A. Buttenheim. Report URL DOI
You can read more about these publications on my research page.
If you’d like to discuss your project with me, please e-mail me at Lauren(dot)Kogen(at)temple(dot)edu.